About VB accseeing Progress Database ...

From: Tam Wai Kit <wktam9_at_ie.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:02:03 +0800

Dear All,

    Excuse me, I am a New user of Progress ........ I wanna write a VB progress that will accsee a Progress Database I have installed the following components :

  1. ProVision
  2. DBE-Supplement
  3. Enterprise DB
  4. Client Networking
    • Is there any choice other than ODBC ??
    • Should I startup the service of Progress b4 i using ODBC ??

Moreover, i also have a Merant ODBC driver (ver 3.7 , 32 bit), but when i config a Data Source using it , it always fails because of "system error 126" However, i can access the DB by "Data Administrator" of Progress

Can anyone help me ??
*** Is there any reference (books / internet) i can refer to

       for using Progress / ODBC ??

Too many Qs la .... maybe give me some hints la !!! (^_^)

Thanks in advance !!

BIG head ! Received on Sat Oct 13 2001 - 10:02:03 CEST

Original text of this message