Re: Clean Object Class Design -- Circle/Ellipse

From: Richard MacDonald <macdonaldrj_at_att.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 05:22:25 GMT

"Graham Perkins" <gperkins_at_dmu.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3BC2F23E.72162826_at_dmu.ac.uk...
> Bob Badour wrote:
> >
> > The solution is very simple: Properly distinguish between value and
> > variable.
>
> .. which most of us do. ESPECIALLY in smalltalk, which you were
> keen to rant at great length about. The variable/instance distinction
> could not be clearer. I've skipped a lot of this thread. Did you
> ever retract your wild allegations about smalltalk?

No. He continued. His point is valid but only within an uninteresting and irrelevant definition. Nothing useful in it. Disappointing.

OTOH, it was a pretty interesting thread before I pulled it away on this issue. My apologies to the others. Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 07:22:25 CEST

Original text of this message