Re: advice needed on readings.

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandrod_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 14:09:43 -0300

Andrea Fare' wrote:

> I just finished reading CASE METHOD by Richard Barker and found it very
> interesting. I would like to read more about data base design and modelling
> maybe something that focuses more on the process of extrapolating the
> logical model into the physical .

        Have you already read Date's An Introduction to Database Systems? Without a good understanding of the relational model, and how it's separate from the physical design, you won't get much far.

        BTW, physical is not theoretical, it's an implementation and performance issue. Received on Tue Oct 09 2001 - 19:09:43 CEST

Original text of this message