Re: Clean Object Class Design -- Circle/Ellipse

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 13:23:42 -0700

"Richard MacDonald" <macdonaldrj_at_att.net> wrote in message news:<TtYm7.18785$KV3.1543185_at_bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> "Richard MacDonald" <macdonaldrj_at_att.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > What you call my high horse is not at all flimsy. You expose much
> > > about yourself and your motives in the above statement. You expose,
> > > for instance, that you have no interest in learning or in
> > > communicating -- instead, you have an interest in attacking and
> > > destroying. I find little merit in your goals.
> >
> > I'll apologize the second I see you actually acknowledge
> > you've learned anything from anyone else.
>
> That was silly of me.
>
> I don't mind exposing myself. Its unavoidable.
> I'm just seeing something that doesn't fit
> your picture and I'm asking you to deal with it. I don't
> see you dealing with it.

I don't need to deal with it because it does not exist. I suggest you examine the definition of the Smalltalk language.

> Let me correct myself. I'll apologize as soon as something
> occurs on this ng where you finally get over your certainty.

I have good reasons for my certainty. You have already admitted that your goal is simply to attack.

> (Never mind why; its a science thing.)

Before you can claim to adhere to science, you must make an effort to learn what has already been done. You have made no such effort. Your claim that values are object instances in Smalltalk clearly demonstrates that you do not even know the definition of the Smalltalk language. Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 22:23:42 CEST

Original text of this message