Re: Good sites to read about DB Theory?

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 15:40:22 GMT

> Could anybody point me to some decent sites for reading about Database
> theory? Although I've been working indirectly with databases for
> several years, I'd like to learn more. I'm not sure about fact tables,
> data warehousing etc...

For data warehousing and dimensional modeling, I Think Larry Kimball is probably the best author.
He's got three books out, co-authored with other writers. They are each a good read.

I think he's the originator of dimensional modeling, but I'm not sure.

You can find out more about Larry Kimball and his works at www.rkimball.com

There is lots more to database theory than this aspect of it, but this is the part that I'm working on now.

--
Regards,
    David Cressey
"Raj" <raj_at_raj.com> wrote in message