Re: how does a dbms manage long-lasting transaction?

From: Sven Till <sven.till_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:43:12 +0800

A "long-lasting" also called "long-term" transaction is for me a transaction where you have to lock a object for a quite long time. let say some hours or day(s).
I heard about it but I could not find material and further information. It seems that someone uses such kind of transaction during the development of software or of integrated circuits.

Thx. in advanced for your help

Sven