Re: Creating a Hierarchical Structure

From: watf22 <watf22_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2001 10:20:01 -0700

Hi you cleared a lot of my doubts. I need to implement a hierarchical structure. However I still don't know how, in the nested set example, how would I insert new "persons" into the tree. I'm also wondering how could constraints be placed on the number of sub-nodes a tree could have.

For my application each node, must have a maximum of four sub-nodes. However if someone would try to insert a new sub-node, under a node which has alredy for sub-nodes, the node would be inserted in the highest available position down the original node's hierarchey.

Is this possible ? How could I achieve this ?

Thanks,

Fernando Received on Wed Sep 05 2001 - 19:20:01 CEST

Original text of this message