how does a dbms manage long-lasting transaction?

From: Sven Till <sven.till_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 23:49:30 +0800

Hi,

I am looking for information how databases manage long-lasting transaction.

Perhaps someone can also give me a book reference and I can check it out by my self.

Or is there no difference between the managing of a quite short transaction or long-lasting one?

Thx for you attention and your help.

Sven Received on Wed Sep 05 2001 - 10:49:30 CDT