Re: Modelling hierarchy in the relational database

From: Alt Acct <altacct_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Sep 2001 15:09:34 -0700

Mikito Harakiri <nospam_at_newsranger.com> wrote in message news:<jc0l7.2934$4z.4263_at_www.newsranger.com>...

[sorry, google appears to be clipping everything--I'm not sure how it will show up, but in any case, my question is a little off the current path, and will show my relative greenness (to allayall)]

What happens when a new position is created? Do I have to go through and adjust the left and right data for each existing person? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Jeremy Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 17:09:34 CDT