Re: Data Model - Supertyping - Newbie Q!

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 22:56:35 -0400

John Maloney wrote in message
<20bb9b25.0108301217.1e514fad_at_posting.google.com>...

>Hi, I'm trying to come up with a Model for a company that sells,
>distributes and services a single product line of machines.

[Snip details of Company, ParentCorp, StoreLocation, Distributor, etc]

Fabian Pascal, the editor of http://www.dbdebunk.com/ , recently published a book that covers this topic extremely well. Since it covers several other topics you will likely encounter and does so extremely well, I strongly recommend the book:

_Practical Issues in Database Management: A Reference for the Thinking Practitionery_, Fabian Pascal (Addision Wesley, 2000) Received on Sat Sep 01 2001 - 04:56:35 CEST

Original text of this message