Re: Comments wanted on database design

From: Todd Gillespie <toddg_at_linux127.ma.utexas.edu>
Date: 29 Jun 2001 22:17:46 GMT

Joerg Schoen <JoergSilkeSchoen_at_t-online.de> wrote:
: Questions:

: - Would anybody be interested in it or do I merely reproduce existing
: features? [One reason for me to write it was that -to my knowledge- none of
: the existing "free" data bases has all the above mentioned features -
: tell me if I am wrong!]

As for me, I wouldn't switch from Postgres. But I don't doubt some are interested in your work. And OSS is all about scratching a personal itch.

Regarding new features, the only new one I see is your alterations to support looping and variable scoping in SQL. Functions, procedures, conditionals (CASE) are all available in Postgres, Interbase, and SAPDB. Anyway, why use loops when you can use map?

: - Where to upload it for easy general access? I have a home page with
: T-Online. Is that suitable?

freshmeat.net would be a good start. If you GPL it, sourceforge.net can host it (including CVS and mailing lists).

: Thanks in advance for all input.

HTH Received on Sat Jun 30 2001 - 00:17:46 CEST

Original text of this message