SQL Question re group averaging

From: Jonathan Driller <jdriller_at_orchid.org>
Date: 12 Jun 2001 10:24:01 -0700

I finally realized that I need to set an alias to use aggregate functions but still can't get what I need: I have a table of rankings for lots of products. I want to be able to say 'this
product had 20 people rank it and the average rank is 7". If I say select sum(srating) then I sum every product together so I figure I need some where clause, but I can't figure out how to do this.

I am using Cold Fusion so I can pass in a dynamic value If I wanted to get this for one item - but I want to output a list of ALL items and their values separately...
'where prodid = #prodid#'

Any help much appreciated. Received on Tue Jun 12 2001 - 19:24:01 CEST

Original text of this message