Re: Variable Length Records Management....

From: JRStern <JRStern_at_gte.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:48:29 GMT

On 10 Jun 2001 01:52:02 -0500, "Art Pollard" <pollarda_at_lextek.com> wrote:
>However, there are a number of issues that I haven't seen
>well addressed in the literature I have seen such as freelist
>management for large scale databases.

Memory block management probably has more literature than anything else in compsci. Don't know how many are specific to database apps, but I'll bet there are plenty ... tho I don't have anything specific to point at. I'd recommend looking at some general discussions.

J. Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 20:48:29 CEST

Original text of this message