Re: Finding matching ranges

From: JRStern <JRStern_at_gte.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 23:16:48 GMT

On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 21:55:04 GMT, Mikito Harakiri <nospam_at_newsranger.com> wrote:
>>You're probably best off letting the computer earn its keep. Buy some
>>more RAM if you must. End of problem, for the most part.
>
>You are kidding right? If I ask you how to find a person by name, case ignored,
>what index should I introduce, would your ahswer still be "to buy more RAM":-?

My answer pertained to a problem that stretches relational capability by refering to quantative issues and to a suggested solution that involves violating relational dogma and normalization by storing a functional value.

I'll let you know if I'm kidding, meanwhile take careful notes, there may be a test.

Joshua Stern
JRStern_at_gte.net Received on Fri Jun 08 2001 - 01:16:48 CEST

Original text of this message