Re: Flamewar object databases vs. relational databases

From: Mikito Harakiri <nospam_at_newsranger.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 01:55:48 GMT

In article <heZS6.640$QT4.5242_at_newsfeed.slurp.net>, Rico says...

> Now if you're uncomfortable with refereed
>exchanges, stick with Date/Pascal's Database Debunking site. There you'll
>get the true faith, and come to understand why UML and XML are such rubbish
>when exposed to the beauty of the relational model. :)

Hmm... I never saw people making fun of relational before. Nothing even close to

class Employee
class FiredEmployee extends Employee

or

"If you don't like your XML data, just apply stylesheet to it"

Maybe because, those are plain naive theories, or please convince us otherwise;-) Received on Wed Jun 06 2001 - 03:55:48 CEST

Original text of this message