Re: Changing Object Type in OODB

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: 4 Jun 2001 17:00:42 -0700

> was that in this oodb system there wasn´t a clear distinction between
> db and code an advantage relational systems have to a certain degree.

Don't objects encapsulate both data and behaviour? How would you maintain the encapsulation in the DB while making a clear distinction betwen it and code?

> I agree this is not inherent to oodbs themselves but to current
> OODB-Java connection standards and their implementations.

Can I assume then that you don't see the encapsulation of data and behaviour as inherent to oodbs? If that is so, how do they differ from regular network model databases? Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 02:00:42 CEST

Original text of this message