scientific database application

From: <guytheweird_at_caramail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 09:40:17 GMT

Hi all,

I do research in computational fluid dynamics and I'm wondering which free database (postgreSQL,MySQL,Interbase, ...) is best suited to store my datasets. My requirements are as follow:
-very large datasets (dozens of gigabytes and even more).
-data types : structured (multi dim arrays) or unstructured (blobs?)

  • no high concurrency levels: few data producers/solver ( (<10) and few data consummers/visualisation tools (<10)
  • security, transaction, recovery facilitities not very relevant
  • fast data access, simple query (mainly storage and retrieval of whole data sets)
  • and the last but not the least, the possiblity to embed the database directly in my commercial application to distribute the whole in a seamless way

What are the licency policy generally in use?

Any helps/comments/links are welcome. Thanks in advance

GTW Received on Tue May 29 2001 - 11:40:17 CEST

Original text of this message