Re: db design for measurement data?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 03:44:25 GMT

It depends on what you want to do with the data. Do you need every row available or will summaries suffice? Does the data have to be available immediately or is some lag permitted? Can you use a datawarehouselike star schema? How long do you have to keep the data available online? Can you partition your tables (in Oracle)?

Van