Re: another simple data modelling question

From: crappy <nospam_at_newsranger.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:05:11 GMT

thanks for the replies.

i'm not sure if i understand .. wouldn't adding personality_id to the person table denormalize it, since it would then have to inherit personality_id from characteristic_personality?

also, in case i wasn't clear in my first post, i don't want to have a person to have *all* the characteristics that are allowed for his personality_type, just some of them. so characteristic_personality lists which characteristics are 'allowed' for which types, and characteristic_person lists which persons have which characteristics.

the trigger would work, but i wanted to see if there was a way to do it thru RI .

thanks.

In article <3B04B8FE.59761A1_at_racon-linz.at>, Heinz Huber says...