Re: INQ: Physical data modeling books

From: Michael Austin <miaustin_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:05:12 -0400

I do not ever recall seeing anything on the physical data model. Generally, you do the PDM based solely on your hardware I/O subsystem configuration. Don't put the same hot files on the same physical spindles, spread the load over as many controllers as possible, again, taking into account the hotfiles.

Of course this only a rule of thumb and your mileage may vary.

Michael Austin
DBA Consultant -specializing in PDM and available now. 704-947-1089 (Office)