Solution Required

From: Lee Osborne <osbornelee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:15:02 +0100

Hi all,

I'm designing a database model for my first SQL web database project. I have read as much about this as I can but have no more time to learn more.

Project.

On-line password protected database. Authorised users can login via a login screen in the browser. This then gives them a list of menu options that allow the user to view certain features/areas.

Requirements.

. 5+ levels of user access with several freely assignable features/areas
available according to the user's assigned access level.

. Users can be searched by various columns which again are freely definable

. Users have the usual fields, but have a choice of several company
division, the choice of access level and a choice of country of residence.

Notes.

. The access levels are freely assignable and can be modified.

. The features/areas can be freely assignable to the relevant access level
and can be modified.

I have created the following tables:

userTbl
accessLevelTbl
countryTbl
divisionTbl
featureTbl

Each table has a ID field as the primary key.

Will this model be ok or are there any problems? What relationships do I need to consider?

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks

Lee. Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 14:15:02 CEST

Original text of this message