Re: S.O.D.A. database Query API - call for comments

From: Tobias Brox <tobiasb_at_suptra.org>
Date: 3 May 2001 04:17:11 +0200

In comp.databases Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com> wrote:

> What is your preferred strategy?

> - one large table for all classes
> - multiple joined tables, one for every class

My strategy is to have one table for the base class, and extention tables for additional data I want to bind to objects of derived classes.

Another strategy I've used with some success is to have one table with triples (object id, keyword, value) to bind arbritrary data to any object.

The java groups are excluded from the follow-up. This has nothing to do with java, as far as I see.

--
Tobias Brox - freelancer for hire!
Programming, system administration, etc