Re: Perfomance & large database

From: David Quere <quered_at_esiee.fr>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:48:38 +0200

Of course it could seems I'm going to reinvent the wheel ... all the more that, I did not mentionned I will obviously have to update datas (but their length is fixed) and had/delete entries (but this case should not happen very often (very relative expression I know)). I don't think this should be a problem since red-black trees algorithms are in o(log(n)). The only problem that might occur deals with disk access management. There, I have to see ... but there is abolutly no connection between stored data fields.

Anyway, all this will have to be benchmarked. The fact is that I am really looking for the best system adapted to my project.

I have no doubt that other experienced systems are very well optimised, but I am also interrested in leaning (still a student) and in providing the more efficient system at the lower cost possible (this sounds fine, doesn't it ?)

may the motivation stay with me 8)

David Received on Wed Apr 25 2001 - 04:48:38 CDT