DB design course in the Bay Area

From: Patrick Flaherty <Patrick_member_at_newsguy.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2001 11:24:43 -0700

Hello,

Experienced developer who's learned a good deal of db stuff, let's say, empirically. Have built many databases and have enough of a notion of normal forms that know that much of our shops dbs are not properly normalized. We do not have a DBA (which is part of the problem).

Want to learn more of the theory (I have a good deal of the motivation already). And want to see this, fairly quickly, tied to implementation. Moving back-and-forth between the abstract and the concrete that is.

So finally my question: am looking for recommendations for, first choice, courses given (eg Berkeley Ext) in the Bay Area. Books are a second choice because I've bought and read many already. And a course, or instruction, is usually a quicker way of getting much of the same material.

  pat Received on Fri Apr 13 2001 - 20:24:43 CEST

Original text of this message