Re: domain questionnaire

From: vadim tropashko <vadim_member_at_newsranger.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 02:30:31 GMT

In article <SoFk6.189$aw5.346_at_www.newsranger.com>, vadim tropashko says...

>Alternatively, we could think of domains as CT structures with equality
>operation. Is equality all that database requires from domain? (Plus, maybe, '<'
>and more operations). Then, i assume that poorly defined object equality
>(through references, of course:-) should imply some undesirable consequences.

Sorry for double post here. Actually, there is no such thing as 'CT structure with equality', because this is a nothing more than a set isomorphic to equivalence class.

The last statement about 'undesirable consequences', however, still makes sence: it means that equality on objects could be inconsistent with other operations. Say,

a >= b && b =< a doesn't necessarily imply a==b. Received on Wed Feb 21 2001 - 03:30:31 CET

Original text of this message