domain questionnaire

From: vadim Tropashko <vadim_member_at_newsranger.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 02:00:40 GMT

I've just read C.J.Dates shots against some competetive technologies posted at http://www.firstsql.com/dbdebunk but feel that concept of domain also escapes rigid definition. In order to prove or falsify it, I compiled short list of questions and ask "Are those from the same domain?". Please post your opinions.

  1. coordinate x of a point in cartesian coordinates vs. angle theta in polar representation of point
  2. weight in lbs vs. weight in kgs
  3. US voice stationary phone numbers vs. fax numbers vs. cell numbers