Re: Building a tree class with *multiple* parents

From: Charles Krug <charles_at_homer.pentek.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2001 11:10:26 -0500

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:11:29 -0800, Tom Plunket <tomas_at_fancy.org> wrote:
>A. Melon wrote:
>
>next-level subassemblies are trivially, although there would be
>no link between "bolt" and all of the assemblies that it appeared
>in...

That was a problem when I worked for Xerox. Back then, your parts drop would come to a central location. If you ordered a part with Emergency priority, and it was out of stock, you'd get the next higher subassembly.

So a guy who worked on the 9000 series (HUGE) duplicators ordered a bearing, which was out of stock, and the next higher sub assembly was the frame . . .

Charles Received on Fri Feb 16 2001 - 17:10:26 CET

Original text of this message