Re: Cascading Deletes

From: Goran Sliskovic <gsliskov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:24:02 +0100

In my own experience, I'll have to agree with you. I've seen cases when clients deleted lots of records they didn't intend to, though they were warned about this several times. Users will usually forget, and don't count on cascading (average user has never heard of it). Restrictions prevent developer messing things,too. I had to do lots of ad hoc queries/updates/deletes on production db, on short notice. Saved me few times. Though I think that sometimes it is very usefull, and it should be decided depending on individual case, rather than as a general rule. Don't think there is a general answer like yes or no to your question. HTH,
Goran