Re: x*x+1=0

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:40:24 GMT

Jan,

In the preface to the American Edition, it says this:

"What we do in Chapter 11 is extend the concept to Boolean algebras, which means that a valid argument may contain not just three classes of statement, but four: true, false, meaningless, and imaginary. The implications of this, in the fields of logic, philosophy, mathematics, and even physics, are profound."

I note that, in the above, imaginary is listed as the fourth class, while meaningless is listed as third. This might be the answer to your question.

--
Regards,
    David Cressey