help

From: ANTONIO SANTORO <antonio.ing_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:20:10 GMT

http://members.xoom.it/antsant/
Please, excuse me if this message is not connected to the manifesto of your newsgroup but I need your help. I beg you to nopt consider this as spam My name is Antonio Santoro, e-mail antonio.ing_at_tin.it. I am a town councellor in my town, Casagiove in suthern Italy. Its territory adjoins one of the most beautiful monuments ever: The Royal Palace of Caserta, built by the Borbons dinasty at the beginnings of 1752 according to the project of Luigi Vanvitelli. The inside is a treasure of marvellous works; in the dense Park you can admire wonderful fountins with statues, waterfalls and the english Garden. Well, all a surrounding area of the complex of the Royal Palace and park is subject to a binding obligation of the landscape with a ministerial decree for the National Trust 9 July 1996. In this decree it is stated that "the external boundary has a notabile public interest because, due to its outstanding panoramic beauty which forms a natural painting of incomparable suggestivity, a complex of real property having a traditional and beautiful value. considering that the entire complex of incomparable panoramic beauty, once surrounded by fields and vegetables patches is now in the centre of the built-up areas of caserta and casagiiove wich continue to expand without any regulation whatsoever for the building activities in the areas bordering the vanvitellian complex . considering that the binding obligation does not mean absolute prohibition of building or however, modifications to the state of protected places by the law but it must be considered an indispensable instrument in maintaining both the remaining green hilly areas and the built-up plains, bordering the park, by controls that prevent the degrading and the transformation of the area it is stated that it is of noteable public interest according to the law no. 1497 the 29 june 1939 and in application of art. 82 of the Decree of the President of the Republic no. 416 24 july 1977. In that area of territory subject to the binding obligation of the landscape wich applies to my town, a building pernmit has been grated. Asd I explain in the included report which I sent to the Department for National Trust and the Republic Power this permit is based on an incorrect procedure therefore, it is invalidated by lack of inquiry and breaching of the law. Moreover, the authorities for the National trust of Caserta did not intervene promptly to annul this permit. The matter is at present being closely examined by the legal authorities. In the statement to the Department, wich is included, it is evident the great environmental impact of the building considering also the great contrast of this structure with the building and decorative aspects of the buildings situated in the vicinity that characterize the places from a landscape point of view so a to be considered the most significative appurtances of the nearby Royal Park of Caserta. I ask for your help in intervening with the competent authorities in order to reach the restoration of the places and that the competent authorities control more efficiently the places subject to a binding obligation. I have prepared for you two e-mail adressed to the members of Italian Parliament and the chief of our government, the National Trust and some newsmen, with my manifesto. With a click you would help me and a monument that is a property of all Humanity.
Thanks
You'll find the mail on my site at this address http://members.xoom.it/antsant/Versione%20Inglese.htm Clicking there you will find also a zip file containing a photographic documentation

Clicking there you will find some mails ready to be send to the Italian Government, the Memebers of Italian Parliament and the main newsmen Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 20:20:10 CET

Original text of this message