Find optimal way (I need a guidelight)

From: <covex_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 08:33:02 GMT

Hi everyone!!!

I think that I have finally made a decision to devote my professional life in the DB aera ( Excuse me for possible mistakes - English is not my native language) After passing Brainbench certification on RDBMS I followed the link to improve my knowledge - now I'm here writing you my first (hope not the last one) message. It does not have a definite question - cause now I'm only starting all that stuff but hope in future I'll be an active participant of discussions:) 3 weeks ago I've decided that my knowledge of SQL is not as good as I want them to be, so I've read Grabber and then found a book SQL in 21 day on www.itknowledge.com. The result is that I've passed Brainbench certification at master's level (4.08) I do understand that it is only theory and I need practice to improve my knowledge. I have such oppurtunity: This year I'm graduating institute and at the given moment I'm working at IT department as a software developer. It's new experience for me so the salary isn't large for now:))) Hope it will increse soon. I consider this job as a first step in getting the experience to become a 'guru'. I do understand that it is a long way and it consumes time. It is interesting for me and someday I'll reach my goal (though the more you know the more you understand that you now nothing:))) something like that - it does not confuse me)

                If you are not tired of reading this message full of gramatical mistakes:) I want to ask YOU. There are so many books now on the topic (DB) so from where should I start. It would be perfect to get a plan of self educating. I don't wanna waste time on the things that are not so important (I mean that if someone does not know the area he does not understand at first what is more important at the very beginning. One can be lost in details that are not important at this time)

		Hope to get some answer on my message.
		Thank you, Vadim.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 02:33:02 CST