Question on place data on table

From: Kevin <keliu_at_powersurfr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 01:28:37 -0700

Hi,

    I'm new to database design and was just wondering if anyone can help me with the following table, thanks in advace.

I have a analytical results from the lab and would like to store it in the database, here is one of the many result look like.

Project Number: xxx
Run Number: yyy

                     0 to 10    10 to 20    20 to 30    30 to 40
chemical a        1                2            3                4
chemical b        5                6            7                8
chemical c        9                10           11            12

0 to 10, 10 to 20 ....is boiling point range chemical a, chemical b are compound names the numbers are analyticla results

my initial approach is using ProjectNumber, RunNumber, BoilingPoint range and Compound as primary key, that way I can uniquely indentify a result. but i think i may be wrong...

Kevin Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 09:28:37 CET

Original text of this message