Many to many

From: Arne Jonsson <arne.b.jonsson_at_telia.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 20:33:21 GMT

For about two years I´ve been living happily in the belief that if you have a many to many-relation you split it in a third table between the other two, where you make the primary keys of these two tables to a composite primary key in the third. Now, taking a course in SQL-server, I am taught that the two primary keys can be used as two foreign keys in the new table, or as one primary and one foreign key. This have made me confused. Are all the ways right? If they are, what considerations to make when to chose one way or another?
Arne Jonsson Received on Mon Dec 04 2000 - 21:33:21 CET

Original text of this message