Re: evolution of relational database

From: Forestall, Philip T. <forestall_at_sprint.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 06:40:06 -0500

You might try C.J.Date's 'The Database Relational Model : A Retrospective Review and Analysis :
A Historical Account and Assessment of E. F. Codd's Contribution to the Field of ...', Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 0201612941

I haven't read it yet (mine's on order) but it's cheap at $10 and Date is an easy read.

This booklet comes packaged free with Date's 'Introduction to Database Systems, 7th Ed' (The Big One) if you order it right.

By all means let us know how you make out.

pf