Re: Hard Design/Performance Issue (long) - Help!

From: Neef <Haniff_at_cyberdude.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:46:05 GMT

In article <8v3uo1$v73$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com> wrote:
> Have you thought of organizing this as a data warehouse? It would
> appear that a star or snowflake [partly or fully normalized star]
> schema (fact tables, dimension tables) would suit this data quite
 well.

> Just my "two cents".
>
> --
> David Fitzjarrell
> Oracle Certified DBA

Thanks for replying, David. The problem we had with dimension tables was that *each* client can have a completely different hierarchy. I'm no warehouse guru, but it looked like we'd need a different set of dimension tables for each client (~500 clients!).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 21:46:05 CET

Original text of this message