Re: Column naming convention good or bad?

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:52:26 GMT

In article <8ut094$fqo$1_at_news.utelfla.com>,   "Ali Tajdari" <tajdaria_at_nettally.com> wrote:
> My company is developing an SQL coding conventions document. We are
> currently considering using a three letter prefix for column names.
 The
> prefix would indicate the columns data type. Has anyone applied this
 type
> of standard before and was it useful? Is this naming convention bad?
>
> Examples: str_last_name or int_salary
>
> Ali Tajdari

Beware of creating standards that may prove to be more trouble than they are worth.

Use a describe to see the datatype of database columns.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.