Re: Need desperate help!!

From: Larry Linson <accdevel_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 18:16:16 GMT

You could import it into a single table and then run Queries to create or append to the other tables. That is, provided the total size doesn't exceed Access 2000's limit of 2GB per database. You can, of course, use tables in related database so that the limit really applies only to the size of a single table plus the necessary overhead for a one-table database.

Without more information, I can't be more specific, but I'd presume that the multiple tables into which you want to put the information are related by some common information.

You could, of course, open the file as a sequential file, open all the pertinent Access tables, read it record by record, and append the information to appropriate Access tables as you go along. But, it seems to me there'll be a higher probablity of someting going awry while your update is in progress if you take this approach.

--
 L. M. (Larry) Linson
  http://www.ntpcug.org - North Texas PC User Group - Visit and Join

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/