Re: NEWBIE problem with SQL

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:40:31 -0400

Hi Marco,

I am not entirely sure what you need here from your description. You start out by saying you need a master/detail arrangement, your example hints at a supertype/subtype arrangement, and you conclude by suggesting you only need localization support.

I suggest you buy or borrow a copy of _Practical Issues in Database Management: A Reference for the Thinking Practitioner_ by Fabian Pascal.

You can buy it from Amazon at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0201485559/review s/0201485559/002-9843983-9492029#02014855595000

or even better go to Fabian's website at

http://www.firstsql.com/dbdebunk/

and link to Amazon or Fatbrain from there.

I am certain you will find exactly what you need in Fabian's book.

Regards,
Bob Received on Sun Oct 22 2000 - 05:40:31 CEST

Original text of this message