How to create a multi-user Metadata catalog with support for per-user customisations ?

From: Kunle Odutola <kunle.odutola_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:49:21 +0100

I guess the subject says it all. I would like some help/ideas (even "don't do it because...") on a problem that I am trying to solve:

I would like to create a single database that will store information about upcoming school club events. The database will caters for many different clubs simultaneously (keeping their data apart). The clubs will enter their own data (keyed by club ID #). So far so good.

The problem I have is that the clubs would need to be able to customise the database by adding/changing/deleting some tables, fields, joins (as opposed to relationships). I can just about figure ut how to do it for a single club in a single database but I can't figure out how to do this when the database is shared by multiple clubs.

Any ideas please ?

Kunle Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 05:49:21 CEST

Original text of this message