Re: Saving Changes to Text Body

From: Cannon Fodder <technews_at_NOSPAMns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:27:36 GMT

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Cory L Hubert wrote:

> Hello. I am trying to find a standard way of storing only the
>differences made to a body text. Then on demand call all the recent
>changes and concat the current version. Also I would like the ability to
>cancel or roll back a change. Any ideas for a Data Model that could
>support a feature like that?

If you like programming in C, you could try looking at the GNU source code for RCS (Revision Control System), a tool that used to be commonly used by Unix programmers to keep track of different versions of the same code. Oops, come to think of it, you might have to look up the source for the 'diff' program too, because RCS may use that transparently. There are other more advanced utilities that *nix programmers use today such as CVS (Concurrent Versioning System), which may contain more code than you need or want to bother with.

But what do I know?
Cheers!
C.F. Received on Sun Sep 24 2000 - 16:27:36 CEST

Original text of this message