Re: New DBMS under investigation

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:08:33 GMT

I have used ER modeling for a long time to carry out the conceptual modeling,
prior to implementing in a relational database.

More recently, I've come across a CASE tool, namely Data Architect from Sybase,
that allows data modeling at the conceptual level using ER style diagrams, and at the physical level
using relational constructs, plus the data structures particular to the DBMS being used (Oracle,
SQL Server, DB2, Access, and dozens more).

You might want to take a look at that tool.

Good luck.