Star Schema -Datawarehousing

From: Joe Bala <>
Date: 2000/09/21

  We're trying to design a star schema with a fact table and dimensions. We have employee fact table and we have a list of the the employees interests. If we include interests as a dimension we have two many combinations (there are 8 interests and therfore 2^8 combinations of interests). So another idea was to include the interests as part of the fact table (measures).. but I don't think it's a good idea to hardcode interests in the fact table.

Sent via
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message