Re: Database schema qurstion.

From: Kevin B <akil1_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:23:38 -0400

Raymond:

IMO, your questions is not concerning the best schema but an approach to naming standards and conventions, basic data architecture and database design. There are a number of books that cover database management methodologies and techniques in bookstores such as Borders and Barnes and Nobles. I have found books by Joe Celko to be very informative when it comes to this topic. You may also want to find some other non-vendor specific books related to database management system.

The structure of your schema is determined by your user (or developer) requirements for your project. Once your user requirements are determined and understood, you can design your database tables, primary keys and the like.

Kevin