Re: data warehouse

From: Aakash Bordia <a_bordia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:11:51 -0700

I think you could have something like a previous id in the source system table linked with each record, or if its changing multiple times, have a table which keeps the mapping on the source side. If that is not possible to do in your application, how are you going to handle inserts into the warehouse? for eg:

previous record
ssn name
123 abc

new record
234 abc

how are you planning to upsert such a record into the warehouse? the simplest idea is to maintain a unique number on the source side for every record; so no matter how the ssn changes, the uniqueness is preserved.

Hope you can clarify more on the problem or table structures.

-Aakash