calendar db-repeating event: insert or select?

From: <hkastler_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:32:58 GMT

Hi--

I'm attempting to build a sql-server based calendar app. One of the requirements is to have a palm-pilot-like calendar feature where events can be repeated over days, weeks, months and years. Collecting the information is easy enough, but what is the best way to handle it? For each repeating event, should I insert a new record, or would it be better to do some computations on a table to come up with the correct records when called?

I'm new to sql, so if my statements don't make sense, I apologize.

Any help you could give is much appreciated. Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 23:32:58 CEST

Original text of this message