Dates & international representation

From: Cristof Falk <cristof_at_learnfromdata.cncdsl.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:19:27 -0700

Is there a general approach to translating times in a SQL database (MS SQL Server in my case) to local time from UTC? At my last job, we had a table for translating cities to offsets and a table for daylight savings, but that led to joins and calculations that I hope are unnecessary. If MS SQL Server cannot do it, are there engines which can?

Thanks! -cf