Re: Example of a Car Database

From: <ken_hansen_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:16:24 GMT

You have not described the joins but I suspect a "product join" (or "cross join") from Payment to the other data. Try adding autoID to the Payment data, that would also avoid the problems which would result if one customer buys two cars.

Good luck.

Ken_Hansen

In article <sq60effpt9140_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Anna P" <msannab_at_odyssey.net> wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> I'm looking for an example database for a small car dealer. I
 actually have
> most of it done but there are still a few glitches. I can't afford
 to pay
> anyone to help me so maybe an example might help.
>
> Right now I have 5 tables:
> Customer INfo Key: CustID
> Auto Info Key: AutoID
> Auto Sale Info: Key: AutoID & CustID
> Payment Info: Key: PaymentID (I tried adding CustID as a Key also but
 I kept
> getting "index can't have a null value"
> Receipt INfo: Key: PaymentID
>
> When I click on "Make Payment" from the AutoSale Form, I get all the
> payments... I have no clue why...
> Anyway, if anyone knows of an example, it would be deeply
 appreciated...

> msannab_at_odyssey.net or anna6_59_at_yahoo.com
> Thank you! :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 10:16:24 CEST

Original text of this message