Re: normalization theory

From: greg warnick <gwarnick_at_snap.fhcrc.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:36:30 -0700

try this as a starter:::           http://www.acm.org/classics/nov95/
this is ok:::                        http://www.intelligententerprise.com/9812/online1.shtml
This covers 4/5NF well::: http://www.utexas.edu/cc/dbms/utinfo/relmod/normal2.html

Are you atempting to undersand the theory or practice of 4NF and 5NF? There's actually quite a bit of info re: theory (do some web searching ) In my 6 years designing relations I've been lucky to have nearly-3NF. This is reality is quite rare.
Hope the links above help. If you need some key words to search on, let me know. Greg