Re: medical image database

From: <sriniv79_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:07:44 GMT

> mechanism in the first place! Sorry, but I find this a totally
 ridiculous
> argument to put images inside a database. Especially given the
 security
> considerations already mentioned, and the very weak track record of
 the
> software vendor that has exposed quite a few people to viruses of the
> IloveYou type.

I simply meant to suggest a 'repository', which is not necessarily a transactional database. In fact, I argued against it!! There are several document centric repositories, such as Lotus Notes, which would provide encapsulation, yet allow you access the embedded image data through a pathname.

-S

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 21 2000 - 15:07:44 CDT