Re: medical image database

From: <>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:07:44 GMT

> mechanism in the first place! Sorry, but I find this a totally
> argument to put images inside a database. Especially given the
> considerations already mentioned, and the very weak track record of
> software vendor that has exposed quite a few people to viruses of the
> IloveYou type.

I simply meant to suggest a 'repository', which is not necessarily a transactional database. In fact, I argued against it!! There are several document centric repositories, such as Lotus Notes, which would provide encapsulation, yet allow you access the embedded image data through a pathname.

Sent via
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 21 2000 - 22:07:44 CEST

Original text of this message